POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An ironic development : Re: An ironic development Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An ironic development
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 30 Oct 2012 23:00:55
Message: <50909467$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/30/2012 1:46 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Still, even something like,
>> "Export all keys specific to this application.", would have been nice.
>
> What makes you think you can't do that?

It can't. To do that would require exporting "all linked keys". That
means that you search for, say, Explorer, and you don't get get the key
"USER-Explorer-...", you also get the 5-6 hexidecimal keys for its
components, keys in other sections, which relate, etc. You have to know
what all of them are, and either mark them yourself, or export them each
separately, as far as I can tell. And, just searching for what key you
need is a pain in the ass sometimes (especially if it turns out that the
specific thing you are looking for is one of those "hidden" settings,
which is not normally in the registry at all, nor documented any place
obvious, no accessible through any of the user menus).