POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An ironic development : Re: An ironic development Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An ironic development
From: scott
Date: 30 Oct 2012 05:17:52
Message: <508f9b40$1@news.povray.org>
> We used an expensive commercial web application which only works
> properly if you use Internet Explorer and only if you disable all web
> caching between you and the server. Because, obviously, the developers
> were too stupid to know how to set pages to expire. Some developers are
> very stupid.

Developers are often just lazy, and they suddenly stop becoming lazy
when it involves whether people pay for their product or not.

> Most users don't know what the "registry" is.

Most users will just search for "program X crack", if it was as simple
as installing the trial and changing/deleting a registry key it would be
all over the web.

 > I'm sure the above method
> works just fine in the majority of cases.

I'm pretty sure I've tried with a few trial apps (a long time ago) to
find out how they were detecting I'd already run the trial but couldn't
figure it out (after logging registry and file changes). They must be
using something a bit more sophisticated.