POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An ironic development : Re: An ironic development Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An ironic development
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 29 Oct 2012 18:11:14
Message: <508eff02$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/10/2012 01:33 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
>> (After all, Unix doesn't have ACLs for files yet.)
>
> WAT?
>
> Have you ever typed "ls -l" ? Do you know what the "rwxr-x---" mean on
> the left hand side.

No deary. I mean being able to set an *arbitrary* combination of
permissions.

If you have a folder and you want all the people in QA to have read-only
access, the people in Helpdesk to be able to create new files but not
modify existing ones, and the guys in Development to have full
read/write access, you can actually do exactly that with NTFS file
permissions. Good luck trying to do it with umask...