POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meshes... : Re: Meshes... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meshes...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Oct 2012 03:22:35
Message: <508a3a3b$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-11/new-holographic-device-can-record-and-display-3-d-holograms-near-real-time

> which isn't even close, but definitely neat. In any case, since the tech
> is technically "almost here", its well within allowable ranges for the
> lab. lol The problem is that I had planned to use a spherical camera to
> generate images of various "bionic/cyborg" parts. Well.. I am not at all
> interested in paying $499 for a very good cyborg, never mind a lot of
> money for stuff that is ever shittier. I found a terminator head, which
> was free, which I can probably get an eye out of, and maybe some other
> bits, but I am looking for feasible, and free, other parts. Hands, feet,
> legs, a heart maybe, what ever I can find, so I can make images which I
> can switch out, as needed, in the final result. Figured, POVRay would be
> easiest to render the results, sort of X-Rayish. Any clues where I can
> find myself some parts?

Hmm. OK, I guess it is the AIST device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9af-aX-UDDM&feature=fvwp
http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/true-3d-display-created-using-a-laser-and-50000-dots-per-second-20111114/

Though, the version shown on the medical site seemed more "solid", maybe
a slight improved version, over what they already did in the videos.