POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Oct 2012 14:28:40
Message: <50883358@news.povray.org>
On 24/10/2012 6:30 PM, Warp wrote:
> When you really, really have to go to two stores, it's always a gambit,
> especially if you bought items from the first store that also the second
> has (but are eg. cheaper or whatever). But even if you only have*similar*
> items, it could become awkward if they asked to show the contents of your
> backpack. Could take some time to resolve the situation.

That is why you keep your receipt. But it always makes me feel
uncomfortable. My grandmother told me that it is rude to the second
shopkeeper. And even though I know in my heart that they don't really
care and if the do, they should reduce their prices. I still feel
uncomfortable.
Having thought about the matter of being asked to have my bag searched,
I would say no and refuse to allow it. If detained until the police
arrive I would request them to charge the shopkeeper/security with false
arrest (actually the charge is False Imprisonment, in the UK). I feel
quite strongly about it.

--
Regards
     Stephen