POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Warp
Date: 24 Oct 2012 13:30:13
Message: <508825a5@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen <aer### [at] zbxtnet> wrote:
> Jim Henderson wrote:
> >
> > There's no solution that's going to satisfy everyone.  Some stores do
> > have lockers, some stores have a bag check, some do a search....And in
> > each case, someone's going to be pissed off.
> >

> True. To be honest, I don't remember any clerk ever asking me to open my
> bag/backpack, but the possibility is often mentioned at the POS (in a
> sticker oslt).

When you really, really have to go to two stores, it's always a gambit,
especially if you bought items from the first store that also the second
has (but are eg. cheaper or whatever). But even if you only have *similar*
items, it could become awkward if they asked to show the contents of your
backpack. Could take some time to resolve the situation.

Of course receipts should help resolving the situation... unless they
suspect that those receipts really are from that other store but the
items are not...

I have had to take the risk a couple of times, but so far have been lucky
to avoid the awkwardness. I try to avoid having to do that, of course.

(It helps when stores have lockers for this exact purpose, but not many
have them...)

--
                                                          - Warp