POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Warp
Date: 23 Oct 2012 15:58:00
Message: <5086f6c8@news.povray.org>
> And some customers would think it insulting and outrageous to have their
> bag searched, as if they were being accused of committing a crime and
> having to prove their innocence (which in theory is presumed in the US).

In Finland (and probably in many other countries) your ID has to be
checked whenever you pay a purchase in excess of 50 euros with a debit
or credit card (even if you know the correct pin number.) This is, of
course, to deter stolen cards from being used to make big purchases.
(I'm not sure if this is by law or stipulated by the card issuers, but
it's always enforced.)

Some idiots get all offended when the clerk asks for their ID. Like if it
was an insult, a suggestion that they might be using a stolen card (even
though the exact same rule is applied to everyone.)

The day they get their card stolen they will be thankful that stores check
IDs for big purchases.

--
                                                          - Warp