POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 23 Oct 2012 10:51:42
Message: <5086aefe$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> In the US we have that thing as well, but we also have this thing called
> "shoplifting", which stores wish to prevent, which is why many will not
> let you bring a backpack into the store (or will ask you to leave your
> bag with someone at the front of the store).

Yep. That's why the clerk might friendly ask to show the inside of the
backpack/bag and that's also why there often are lockers available (free
or something like 50 cents) for storing the bag in front of the stores.
But no clerk or other staff member has ever looked down at me because
having a backpack. They have always considered me as a real, paying
customer by default.

> Jim

-Aero