POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Oct 2012 12:19:35
Message: <50857217$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 04:09:11 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> There are places that can be true, particularly in the colder climes.
>> I remember days growing up where it was -70F outside (with the wind
>> chill)
>> - you wouldn't WANT to go outdoors in that if you could avoid it. ;)
>
> -70F sounds refreshing.

Until your nose falls off from exposure.  Frostbite sets in very quickly
at temperatures like that.

(I would, however, note that at least in the US how wind chill is
calculated changed, and using the 'modern' calculation it wasn't as
severe sounding as it was when I was a kid, but it still was damned cold).

Jim