POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Oct 2012 12:16:04
Message: <50857144$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 05:22:46 -0400, Warp wrote:

> I have heard that there are many shops there where the parking space in
> front of them is actually owned by the shops, and it's forbidden to have
> your car parked in front of a shop while you are visiting a different
> one.

That, however, is sometimes true.  Parking spaces are generally part of
the shop property, and some business owners are a real pain the ass about
it, even hiring towing companies who camp out to tow or boot cars of non-
customers.

In our neighborhood, we've got a shop like that in an area where space is
restricted - and they're *never* busy (they're a beauty supply store, and
rarely do they have more than a couple of customers at any given time).

They could probably pay their bills by letting people use their lot and
charging for parking, and provide validations for their own customers.
Instead, they prefer to have the entire neigborhood hate them.

Jim