POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 22 Oct 2012 09:47:48
Message: <50854e84$1@news.povray.org>

> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> Who on the whole seem friendly and obliging.
>
> Except if you are an atheist, that is. ;)
>
> Atheism, the new communism (which in itself is the new witchcraft.)

It depends where, in Raleigh, North Carolina, being the "wrong" kind of
Christian is sometimes enough.

Neighbor:  Hi, welcome to the neighborhood.  Where are all y'alls from?
Cousin:  Ottawa, Canada.
Neighbor:  Ah.  Have you found a church, yet?
Cousin:  No, we've only been here 2 days.  We saw St-Something-Or-Other
nearby, is there another one closer?
Neighbor:  Oh! You're Catholics... You know you'll burn in Hell!

(Neighbor left in huff and never spoke to them again for the 3 years
they were there)

Disclaimer:  I realise not every North Carolinian is a Southern Baptist,
and not all Southern Baptist is as closeminded as my cousin's neighbor.