POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Oct 2012 04:31:40
Message: <5083b2ec@news.povray.org>
On 21/10/2012 9:14 AM, Warp wrote:
> I have heard rumors that there are neighborhoods in the US where there
> are no sidewalks at all, only streets. You are*supposed*  to*always*
> drive a car there and, in fact, if you were to walk there, people would
> look at you suspiciously (because they would think you might be some kind
> of thief scouting the premises or something.) I don't know if this is true.
> (Sounds rather impractical to me.)

I have heard that too, once from a friend who was stopped by the police
in Houston or Dallas because he was walking not driving.
In Hobbs, I wanted to go from a local Walmart to a Radioshack which are
next door to each other (200 meters). I had to drive as they were fenced

the trouble.

--
Regards
     Stephen