POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Warp
Date: 21 Oct 2012 04:14:03
Message: <5083aecb@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Strange! And here's me thinking that it was Americans who had forgotten
> how to walk. I've heard that you only go outdoors in an automobile.

A friend told me that he was once amused because he was visiting some
acquaintances/family in the US, and they looked at him like some kind
of weirdo when he wanted to go to the grocery store by foot. (The store
was at something like half a km away.)

I have heard rumors that there are neighborhoods in the US where there
are no sidewalks at all, only streets. You are *supposed* to *always*
drive a car there and, in fact, if you were to walk there, people would
look at you suspiciously (because they would think you might be some kind
of thief scouting the premises or something.) I don't know if this is true.
(Sounds rather impractical to me.)

--
                                                          - Warp