POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Oct 2012 15:32:42
Message: <5082fc5a$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/20/2012 11:14, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> So really, it's just different
> syntax for stuff you can already do. So why bother?

Every programming language is just different syntax for stuff you can do
already in assembler. So?

Once you work with a language that does *not* have monads or list
comprehension, get back to me on whether it's useful to bother with. :-)

And you know what? What do you think LINQ is simplified syntax for? Look at
the underlying routines it translates into, and tell me if it's equivalent
to monads. I'm honestly curious.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "They're the 1-800-#-GORILA of the telecom business."