POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chains physics : Re: Chains physics Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chains physics
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 19 Oct 2012 20:36:39
Message: <5081f217$1@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   You mean the Bullet Physics Library? It would be very difficult to
> integrate it "natively" on the POV-Ray SDL, I guess...

well, it could probably be done similar to megapovs mechsim, allowing
to tag supported primitives with some metadata that adds them to the
bullet sim, and then adapting the object positions for each simulation
step / frame when rendering as an animation (or a fake animation mode
where only the final state is actually rendered).