POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SwordProject : Re: SwordProject Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SwordProject
From: Alain
Date: 19 Oct 2012 19:07:18
Message: <5081dd26$1@news.povray.org>

> Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
>> Why is it SO dark? I only see black unless I crank up my monitor
>> brightness to the max and hit CTRL + A and it still very, very dark.
>
> How is your monitor calibrated?  I have no trouble seeing it.
>
> (What is the Ctrl+A supposed to do?)

Calibration: gamma set to about 2.4, brightness rather low to prevent
bluring on a CTR monitor, contrast set to 100%. Room light level is
medium, but even with the light out, I still need to set the monitor's
brightness to 100% to see the details of the blade.
Reducing the contrast don't help.

CTRL+A is a short hand for Sellect all. It highlight the whole content
of a document. It's like increasing the brightness further still at the
expanse of having a blue cast.