POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chains physics : Re: Chains physics Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chains physics
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 19 Oct 2012 07:30:29
Message: <508139d5@news.povray.org>
On 19/10/12 09:19, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> This is really becoming something to be made part of POV-Ray, one
> way or another. Identical to Moray for instance.

   You mean the Bullet Physics Library? It would be very difficult to
integrate it "natively" on the POV-Ray SDL, I guess...

   But an external tool like Koppi's Playground is not a bad idea, if it
can be made simple and practical enough. The main thing here is that you
have to "arrange" the scene in LUA, run the simulation, export to
POV-Ray, then customize the export and finally render the scene.

   The last part can (and must) be simplified enough so that you just
export, then render the scene with the appropriate #include. This can be
accomplished by just having an "attached SDL" property on each collision
object, so it exports what you want after adding the corresponding matrix.

   For the first step, describing the scene in LUA, I'm thinking that
perhaps it can be done with some clever SDL macros that will write the
corresponding LUA script for the simulation... hmmmm, just a loose idea
for the moment.

--
Jaime