POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3) : Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 15 Oct 2012 16:10:06
Message: <507c6d9e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)! (back on the scene after fixing some problems with my DSL adaptor)

> There always is a trade off but the possibility to do more complex
> scenes than 10 or 15 years ago is the great benefit overall. In most
> cases, I never have to think about machine limitations any more.

If one aims at entire consistent worlds (like I do) rather than single
high-quality artistic scenes (which of course would mean leaving out any
detail in the back of the camera which is not essential for the scene
proper), the appropriate machine probably never will be built.

On the other hand, the more powerful computers develop, the more
difficult and time-consuming making use of their full potential will be
- even to the point that you wish to work with more sophisticated tools
than pure POV SDL. Probably Blender?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar