POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chains physics : Chains physics Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Chains physics
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 15 Oct 2012 08:50:01
Message: <507c0679@news.povray.org>
Hi all:

   This is getting really dangerous... I managed to fix the segfaults on
Koppi's bullet physics playground, and now the fun has no end. I even
managed to add bare mesh support, as the lib3ds code was there and
almost finished, and this opens a whole universe of "now possible"
scenes. I don't know how I'm going to get any serious work done from now
on...

   For the moment there are no compound nor constrains, just rigid meshes
linked together because of the geometry and careful placement: the
simulation does it's job, and the links work, even if sometimes break
due to accuracy problems (still haven't decided if it's a bug or a feature).

   Let's see if I can stop playing, so I can fork Koppi's code to create
a more POV-oriented version: I'm envisioning some simple features that
will make the life of any POV user much easier...

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'chain-fall-04.jpg' (123 KB) Download 'chains-curtain-01.jpg' (156 KB) Download 'pearls-collar-05.jpg' (276 KB)

Preview of image 'chain-fall-04.jpg'
chain-fall-04.jpg

Preview of image 'chains-curtain-01.jpg'
chains-curtain-01.jpg

Preview of image 'pearls-collar-05.jpg'
pearls-collar-05.jpg