POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: River Harbour - wip 5 : Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour - wip 5 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour - wip 5
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Oct 2012 08:11:38
Message: <507bfd7a$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-10-2012 13:51, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>    Ok, speaking valencian helped a bit here... I did some searches with

> find a lot of material (seems it's a very famous ship).

Excellent, Jaime! Thank you indeed!

I am familiar with the term Nao but forgot about that. I see that I have
the size about right. By trial and error I came up to about a length of
16 or 17 metres and that seems to have been the correct original size too.

I shall have a lot of work on this model as the original is rather crude
and low detailed. Rigging and sail are missing and the geometry needs
serious overhaul, as well as the textures. I shall also probably restore
the missing mizzen mast.

Thomas