POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Photon Bug? : Re: Another Photon Bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Photon Bug?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Oct 2012 03:00:16
Message: <507bb480$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-10-2012 19:57, MichaelJF wrote:
At the moment I'm trying to model the geometry of roman glasses in
> Wings but observe annoying miscalculations of the normals. I have observed this
> not for the first time, in some areas the normals in wings models seems to be
> inverted. But that's an other issue. And very annoying baking textures...

I have not used Wings for a very long time, but even in Silo, when doing
complex modelling sometimes faces end up with reversed normals. I
suppose that you can flip them back, like in Silo. However, I seem to
remember that Wings had a problem with normal consistency one way or
another...

Thomas