POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Finding a good VM : Re: Finding a good VM Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding a good VM
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 14 Oct 2012 15:16:04
Message: <507b0f74$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/08/2012 11:24 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> OK, so I'm currently looking for some VM software I can run on my home PC.
>
> At work, I use VMware Workstation. Which works vastly better than
> anything else I've seen, but it's expensive. Really expensive. I just

OK, so today I bought VMware Workstation. Because, hey, I get paid now. ;-)

At work I had VMware Workstation 6.5.4. However, apparently the latest
version is 9.0.0 - which, as it turns out, looks much more pretty. And
there's a few minor irritations that are now gone. This is much better! :-D

On the other hand, sadly they /still/ haven't added an option to still
show disk indicator lights in fullscreen mode. Nor have they added a CPU
light. There's lights for every other resource, but not CPU. So I
honestly can't tell if my VM has crashed, or is just compute-bound...