POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Photon Bug? : Re: Another Photon Bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Photon Bug?
From: Ive
Date: 13 Oct 2012 02:43:59
Message: <50790daf@news.povray.org>
Am 12.10.2012 18:43, schrieb MichaelJF:
> Seems I have missed this discussion about gems due to RL issues. Your main idea
> seems to be to use the interior with fade_color to color the stones. I used a
> similiar approach for my stone of orloff mainly derived from a macro given by
> Bruno Cabasson. I only wonder about the pow(x,3). You have given the colors used
> in a later posting. Since this were floats you could even used the
> pow(x,3)-values instead. Is it due to a color space conversion? I'm puzzled.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

The colors given in my reply to James are calculated from the absorbing
spectrum of the "real" objects. Note that I do use the same color (and
not ^3) within the pigment statement and this has influence on the final
appearance even with ambient and diffuse = 0.

And BTW here are two colors calculated from spectral data of two typical
diamonds:

Diamond ("natural yellow") : rgb <0.9856, 0.9924, 0.8726>
Diamond ("lemon yellow")   : rgb <0.9909, 0.9697, 0.8961>

-Ive

P.S. sorry for the mail, since T'birds user interface has changed it
happens to me all the time :(