POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Object study : Object study Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Object study
From: ShadowMage3D
Date: 10 Oct 2012 03:33:38
Message: <507524d2@news.povray.org>
I was hoping to do some more texture work with this before showing it
off, but it appears that I will not be able to texture it further
without de-constructing it and applying the same texture over and over
again to selected pieces... -.-

Which somewhat defeats the purpose.

I have some ideas - though little hope, at the moment - for developing a
"spray-paint" macro to do lettering and stenciling, but considering that
it would likely require millions of microscopic particles to make it
look good, I'm not very optimistic.

Further discussion of the difficulties is in p.general

Comments and suggestions are, as usual, quite welcome.

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'crate5.png' (488 KB) Download 'crate4.png' (794 KB)

Preview of image 'crate5.png'
crate5.png

Preview of image 'crate4.png'
crate4.png