POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3) : Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Oct 2012 06:05:40
Message: <507153f4$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/10/2012 7:44 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 6-10-2012 21:53, Stephen wrote:

>>> Shame on you for modelling less detail behind the camera :-P
>>
>> I don’t agree. It is all to do with the art of illusion. IMO
>
> .... and with time for modelling ;-)

And computer resources.
It is probably exacerbated by using a modeller. My entry for “The
Sphinx” takes 6 seconds to save in Bishop3D and 20 seconds to export to
PovRay. And the more detail you have the longer it takes Pov to parse
and render.

>> I would have put a camera crew in the background. ;-)
>
> Well, the crew is behind the camera... ;-P

Well sometimes I've done that. My entry for the Mother Hive had a large
head (no_image) behind the camera so I could get a reflection of a face.

--
Regards
     Stephen