POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times : Re: Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Move with the times
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 4 Oct 2012 03:33:34
Message: <506d3bce$1@news.povray.org>
>> And as *I* pointed out, the screen /cannot/ be of a reasonable size,
>> because then it wouldn't fit in your pocket.
>
> You have abnormally small pockets, then.

Well, let's look at this, shall we?

A CD does not fit in either my trouser pockets or my coat pockets. A CD
is of course 120mm across, which Google informs me is slightly less than
5 inches. So yes, you /can/ fit something larger than 1.5 inch. And
/no/, you cannot fit 12 inches or something.

> I have used my phone to watch the occasional video.  It's not ideal, but
> if I'm away from my projector or my laptop, it's a reasonable
> substitute.

OK, sure. "Reasonable substitute" I can go with. "Full HD experience"?
Not so much...

> But it's not a 1.5" screen, either, like your dinosaur.

I'm loving how a phone less than 1 year old is a "dinosaur"...