POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3) : Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Oct 2012 03:07:25
Message: <506d35ad$1@news.povray.org>
On 3-10-2012 22:24, Stephen wrote:

Which is an excellent quality :-)

> Remember a harbour is designed to give ships protection so the water
> will be relatively calm. Any silt would drop out. And from memory, silt
> enriched rivers tend to be cloudier in the centre where the flow is
> faster.

There is silt and silt. The finest particles will remain in suspension
longer and, in the end, you will not see much difference between the
central flow of the river and its borders. Well, close up maybe some but
not dramatically so, with some transparency as a bonus, but all depends
on the power of the stream.

Indeed, but now you are making my work very difficult ;-)

The water transition between river and sea has been designed on
"planetary" scale. This means that the whole water surface you see in
the scenes is a huge sphere. It would be nice to control the river water
from point to point but that would mean a break up of the sphere and a
difficult design in the end. I am not (yet) up to that I must confess.

Yes, and that is the approach I would prefer for the time being.

Thomas