POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times : Re: Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Move with the times
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 3 Oct 2012 17:18:47
Message: <506cabb7$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/10/2012 10:06 PM, Warp wrote:
> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> Who said iPhone? I just said I don't see the point of having "full HD"
>> on an utterly tiny screen...
>
> You seem to be the kind of person who criticizes web browsing with a
> cellphone because of the ridiculously low resolution, and when they make
> one with a really huge resolution you criticize it for being useless.

To be clear: Using something with a tiny screen to watch movies seems
silly to me. Making the display clearer is a fine and good thing to want
to do. But using the words "full HD" just screams "this is a movie
player", which seems daft for something with such a tiny display.

But sure, if you're saying a higher resolution makes it easier to read
text and so forth, you'll get no argument from me...