POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times : Re: Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Move with the times
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 3 Oct 2012 16:46:51
Message: <506ca43b$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/10/2012 04:13 PM, Warp wrote:

>>> And again with the exaggerations. Just stop it, please.
>
>> What makes you think this is an exaggeration?
>
> "A few inches" is something like 3 to 5 inches. That's like 10 cm.
> Holding anything that close would make it hard to see anything. Nobody
> does that, if for nothing else, then for that reason alone.

Oh, I see. So we're arguing over the semantics of how close that is?

All I meant was that you can't hold it at arm's length and be able to
see much. I didn't actually measure, with a ruler, exactly how close it
would need to be to your face in order to make out anything useful. If
that's an exaggeration then yeah, OK.

> It seems to me that you have never actually *tried* using an iPhone,
> you are just talking from your behind.

Who said iPhone? I just said I don't see the point of having "full HD"
on an utterly tiny screen...