POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3) : Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Oct 2012 10:11:50
Message: <506c47a6$1@news.povray.org>
On 3-10-2012 15:39, Stephen wrote:

> with our own eyes. Although in materials they tend to be very fine ones.

True, but I can at least try to reduce a bit the worse effects. If not
satisfying, I shall leave it as is.

> One thing that is bugging me is the water. I agree that in a river or estuary
> you do get outflows of mud and silt after a heavy rainfall. But I think that the
> brown water in the harbour is more like an industrial scene. Thinking back to
> small harbours that I have seen, the water was always crystal clear. You could
> even count the fish.

Good point, but remember that this harbour is open to the river, not to
the sea. There may be sea water influxes from tides (feeble in the
Mediterranean) or from sea wind, but then that would probably also
become murky from the shallow bottom... and I don't know how well the
sewage system of Gancaloon functions ;-)

As a good comparison, how clear is the Nile water close to the
Mediterranean? Well, watching through Google Earth, not too murky it
seems... I shall have to decide how murky the Yann is.

Thomas