POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3) : Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Oct 2012 03:42:40
Message: <506bec70$1@news.povray.org>
On 3-10-2012 3:13, Robert McGregor wrote:
> Thomas, I really like this concept and the scene is coming along beautifully
> (love the grass!).

Thank you Robert! Things are going fine indeed and the more I work on
the scene, the more there is to do in addition, including rethinking of
older concepts.

> After reading a previous post, where the red sail seemed like a flag, it
> occurred to me that the camera is at the height of sailor's thighs, and a
> slightly higher (+y) camera position really would help to better spacially
> orient the incoming ship, the buildings across the water, and the distant city.
> Of course, a bit of atmospheric haze and focal blur can work wonders too :)

Yes, that might become necessary, although I like the low point of view,
as if the observer was sitting down. I shall have a few try outs and see
where this gets me.

There is a faint haze over the whole scene, less visible here than in
panoramic views because everything is nearer the observer of course.
However, I can play with this a bit more in this scene, increasing the
number of controls I have to tweak while exploring the city ;-)

I am not too keen on focal blur in these kind of scenes. I do not want
to focus on a particular area but leave the viewer the possibility to
discover his/her own focus as it were.

Thomas