POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times : Re: Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Move with the times
From: Warp
Date: 2 Oct 2012 12:37:54
Message: <506b1862@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > On 05/09/2012 05:05 PM, scott wrote:
> >>
> >> Hold your phone closer to your eyes then, Nokia have a full-HD
> >> (1920x1080) phone in the pipeline/announced, so quality should be fine
> >> for making out actors faces :-)
> >
> > Full HD, on a screen only an inch across. How pointless...

> Where do you get this 1" figure that you keep repeating?

I get the impression that he opposes most of the new technology that
happens to be popular, just out of principle, and uses exaggeration to
denigrate the achievements of technology and progress that he doesn't
like. It's popular, therefore it must suck.

That kind of attitude doesn't make much sense, IMO. Rather than marvel
about the giant leaps in progress that technology has had during the
past couple of decades, he's more driven by prejudice, denying himself
the joy of the things that, ironically, he loves: Namely technology,
science and progress. And only because of this twisted logic that if it's
popular with the masses, it's unlikeable.

--
                                                          - Warp