POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3) : Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Sep 2012 10:58:47
Message: <50685e27$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-9-2012 16:45, Stephen wrote:
> It looks more real every time.

Thanks, Stephen. That is what I like with wips; and I always keep a copy
of intermediate stages in order to assess progress or dead ends.
Each time new problems arise too, together with new ideas of course ;-)

> It also reminds me of the old harbour in Chania in Crete.

I didn't know that town, but looking at images of its harbour, there is
a strong similarity indeed. Seems I am on the right track. Maybe I can
find some inspiration there too... translating back over a millennium.

Thomas