POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Learning C# : Re: Learning C# Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Learning C#
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Sep 2012 19:42:46
Message: <50678776$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/29/2012 14:28, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>  From what you're saying, if that code is already compiled to machine code
> but just never /runs/, then it won't increase the working set anyway.

Right. That's what distinguishes "working set" from "code size". Why would
it have a special name?

> And Haskell generates one version of the code, and lets you request specific
> versions if you want them.

Well, all three do that, for some definition of "version" and "request" and
"specific". :-) I think you'd have to be a little more precise if you were
trying to make a point there.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "They're the 1-800-#-GORILA of the telecom business."