POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mystery white-pixel artifacts : Re: Mystery white-pixel artifacts Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mystery white-pixel artifacts
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 29 Sep 2012 14:36:35
Message: <50673fb3$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/12 19:00, waggy wrote:
> By any chance, have these computers been located at high altitude
> and/or latitude?

   No, it's just that both have had episodes of overheating... the first
one was due to an insufficient heat-sink, and this one worked for some
minutes with a broken (stopped) heat-sink fan until I noticed... it
happened some months ago, I replaced the fan and everything seems to
work fine, but I guess something is failing under extreme conditions
(that is, POV-Ray at work).

--
Jaime