POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Learning C# : Learning C# Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Learning C#
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 28 Sep 2012 10:13:04
Message: <5065b070@news.povray.org>
OK, so most companies don't seem to be interested in Java any more. Most
of them are asking for something.net, and the most popular one is C#,
unsurprisingly. So I'm sitting hear reading some C# books.

Like anything else, there are some good things, and not so good things.
The one that really tickles me is the author insisting that because
assemblies are loaded dynamically, and because CIL takes up less space
than machine code and is JIT-compiled, you can "drastically reduce the
working set of your application".

Uhuh. Erm... you realise this thing uses a GC for memory management,
right? ;-)

I also love the way it raves about why "metadata" is so great, without
actually explaining precisely what it solves.

But anyway, early days...