POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stack Exchange fights bad patents : Re: Stack Exchange fights bad patents Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:33:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stack Exchange fights bad patents
From: scott
Date: 27 Sep 2012 05:09:24
Message: <506417c4$1@news.povray.org>
>> But really, with a laptop and few hundred dollars 99% of people (who are

>> systems) are not going to be able to tell the difference whether you

> You honestly believe that?

Yes.

> record something, it sounds like I'm sitting /inside/ a waterfall.
> There's just so much hiss!

That's not the microphone's fault (unless it was faulty), you're doing

other factors; what do you have it plugged in to (including cabling and
where it is routed), how loud is your source and how close is it to the
mic, what is the background noise like in the room etc. It's perfectly

standard PC sound card in a normal quiet room. I've done it before and
didn't have any issues with hiss.

> (What is more perplexing, you would /think/ filtering out a constant set
> of frequencies would be pretty easy... but I've yet to find any software
> which can actually do it.)

Isn't hiss by definition all frequencies? If you want to filter out set
frequencies that's easy, even Audacity can do that, but you won't get
rid of hiss like that.