POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Sep 2012 13:54:17
Message: <50634149$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/09/2012 6:37 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> sherry (Xeres) are distilled, the aims being to reduce the volume for
> the transportation (from Spain to England... or is it United Kingdom ?
> Scot & Ireland already had their whisk(e)y, what about Wales ? Northen
> Ireland ? Common Wealth ?... I probably got many wrong!)

It was Great Britain then the UK in 1801.
At the time we are talking about, there was only Ireland and the Old
Bushmills Distillery claims to be the oldest licensed distillery in the
world. Whisky was distilled in Wales too and the Welsh Whisky Company
has not long started distilling Penderyn single malt.

Personally I prefer my whisky without, that is without an "e" and
without water or ice, if you are buying. :-)

--
Regards
     Stephen