POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A new record : A new record Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  A new record
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 26 Sep 2012 09:17:28
Message: <50630068$1@news.povray.org>
So far this lifetime, I've been to two interviews.

This year alone, I equalled that record, attending two interviews so far.

But this morning, I smashed that record by 50%, attending the third
interview in only one year.

This is perhaps not so surprising. What /is/ surprising is that there
seems to be a realistic possibility that they will hire me. It went like
this:

- I applied to work as a Software Developer.

- The company came back and said they really wanted an experienced C#
expert, and I don't fit that. But would I like to interview for a QA
tester instead?

- Obviously, I said yes.

- About half an hour into the interview, the guy concluded that I would
be a /terrible/ fit for the QA job, but that I have very strong
programming skills. (Well, duh.) So he starts interviewing me for the
job I originally applied for in the first place.

Much like the interviews that have gone before, the guy seemed very
impressed with my technical abilities (going as far as to say I probably
know more than him), and deeply worried that I might not be a very good
team player.

There was some discussion about the possibility of some kind of extended
trial period. I don't know if that will sway his decision.

OK, so in reality, he has hundreds more CVs still to wade through.
Obviously somebody else will be a better fit than me. But it's still
refreshing to attend an interview that /doesn't/ feel like a total
failure...