POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective listening : Re: Objective listening Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objective listening
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 26 Sep 2012 01:25:35
Message: <506291cf$1@news.povray.org>
Le 26/09/2012 01:53, Warp nous fit lire :
> andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>> because she started too late taking singing lessons and was too busy
>> with her career to spend enough time on it.
>
> Madonna made her first hit songs in the early 80's. Autotune was first
> released in 1997. I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about.

it was not for her singing talent alone. It was a different time and a
different musical industry.
Madonna was first part of the dancers of Patrick Hernandez (1979).

At least, at that time, songs & shows had some messages in them, even if
faint. And these messages were assumed by the artists.

Nowadays, it's a totally different business.

Best illustrated with the Star Wars movies.
The only original trilogy allows identification with the hero (a young
man discovers the world and love, outside of his nest, bad guys turn out
to be not so bad, and all that with some stunning effects for the time,
and a romance between three too).
The last perpetration is just about cashing money on filming a story.
No reflection, no message, just entertainment.