POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective listening : Re: Objective listening Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objective listening
From: Warp
Date: 25 Sep 2012 19:55:41
Message: <5062447d@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I don't think so. I didn't know but apparently the equivalent of 'that
> looks shopped' is I can see from the pixels' for audio is 'that sounds
> AutoTuned, I can hear from the spectrum'.

I don't know the exact algorithm for autotuning, but it wouldn't surprise
me if it didn't leave some characteristic revealing marks or patterns in
the sound that could be analyzed to see if it has been autotuned. (After
all, pitch correction while retaining the correct timing requires more
than just playing the sample faster or slower.)

--
                                                          - Warp