POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective listening : Re: Objective listening Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objective listening
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 25 Sep 2012 16:27:04
Message: <50621398$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/09/2012 08:34 PM, andrel wrote:
> Well, I know quite a few professional singers. And I am not talking
> about pop musicians but trained, talented people. What you describe is
> entirely possible without AutoTune, but not with people like madonna, no
> matter what other qualities she has.

Well, listening to the likes of Dion, The Darts or Mud suggests that
these people were not able to sing with such immaculate perfection. The
songs I'm listening to sound just a little "too perfect" - like the sort
of thing a machine would produce.

I'm not completely /sure/, however.

> But as you don't tell us what CDs you are talking about no meaningful
> comment is possible.

You may listen in crappy clipped and compressed quality here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA3LFd8g9bY

The lead singer sounds "real" enough, but those backing vocals sound
just a bit too perfect to me...