POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective listening : Re: Objective listening Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objective listening
From: andrel
Date: 25 Sep 2012 15:34:02
Message: <5062072D.5020700@gmail.com>
On 25-9-2012 18:49, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:> OK, so the CDs I ordered
arrived this morning. I'm listening to them
 > now, and... well...
 >
 >    Can't tell if elite or AutoTune.
 >
 > In a nutshell, that's what it comes down to. The backing singers are
 > singing some pretty complicated block chords in /perfect/ synchrony,
 > without the slightest waiver in pitch - even for chords which are a bit
 > ungainly on the ear. These people either possess exquisite pitch singing
 > and immaculate timing... or a copy of AutoTune. :-P

Well, I know quite a few professional singers. And I am not talking
about pop musicians but trained, talented people. What you describe is
entirely possible without AutoTune, but not with people like madonna, no
matter what other qualities she has.

But as you don't tell us what CDs you are talking about no meaningful
comment is possible.

In an unrelated note: why does pressing reply above the message in
thunderbird reply to the sender and the reply in the menu-area to the
newsgroup?

--
Women are the canaries of science. When they are underrepresented
it is a strong indication that non-scientific factors play a role