POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Sep 2012 18:13:48
Message: <5060db1c@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 14:48:53 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> On 9/20/2012 0:37, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Currently I'm going with the latter approach.
>
> But tailor your cover letter, especially if you're applying directly to
> the company. Point out each correspondence between your CV and their job
> advertisement.

^This

It's especially helpful if you can use phrases or words from the job
posting in the cover letter.  That helps with keyword-based electronic
systems (same as with the resume/CV as well).

It'd been suggested as an interesting experiment (but not in any serious
way) that one thing that might "help" (until it got caught, anyways)
would be to include in the CV/cover letter a copy of the actual job
posting in small white-on-white text.  Of course, that'd trick the
system, but when a human looked at it, they might well notice it and
disqualify you for trying to "cheat".  Probably why nobody's ever owned
up to using that idea. :)

Jim