POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Eye Candy : Re: Eye Candy Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye Candy
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 22 Sep 2012 16:02:14
Message: <505e1946$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time. Photographs can seldom do scenery justice
> IMO. But these give a good impression.

Yep. The effect is beautiful - you drive into almost total darkness, but
can see light shining far away on both sides.

> Although with the recent set of Scandinavian crime/thriller series
> broadcast on British TV. I would not be parking in remote dark lanes,
> myself. ;-)

Hah :D. I guess mostly Swedish? So far I'm under impression that they've
done more thrillers than other Scandinavian countries.

OTOH, there's nothing scary to park where I parked to take those pics,
but I still won't leave the car with lights off at there even for a
moment. There isn't a proper space to park so other drivers has to be
able to see the car. On my own yard the feeling was much worse,
something was certainly moving at the corner of my sauna. It wasn't a
cat, because it didn't care when I stomped - so it was either something
much smaller or something much bigger... The fact that I couldn't find
it with a flashlight even though I still heard it makes sure it was
something smaller - probably either a mouse or a frog. Or it wasn't alone.

> One more bit of eye candy I saw when I was in Oz. The Sydney tower is
> illuminated at night and in the right season it attracts millions of
> moths which circle round it like a moth around a light. In turn these
> moths attract bats which feed on them. The effect was a cylinder of
> light rotating 300 metres in the air.

That does sound absolutely stunning, like a slightly boosted natures own
parade.

-Aero