POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray : Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray: comments on the tutorial Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:52:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray: comments on the tutorial
From: Ive
Date: 22 Sep 2012 08:05:49
Message: <505da99d@news.povray.org>
Am 22.09.2012 13:47, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> Ive, I have the following suggestions for your online tutorial:
>
> 1) put the *Prerequisites* block at the top of the tutorial.
>
> 2) The command line option +E should be +FE (see Docs) in the tutorial
> and in all .pov files.
>
> 3) the *Quick Overview* block is a bit confusing as it mentions all kind
> of processes which are dealt with only later. I suggest to delete this
> block, or – better – to include it at the beginning of the *Some Hints*
> block.
>
> 4) In the *First Step* block, ColorChecker.pov does not render the shown
> image, strictly speaking. This is done by SpectralComposer.pov. I
> suggest to change the first paragraph to something like: “Render the
> file ColorChecker.pov animation. This will produce a series of
> grey-scale images of the GretagMacbeth(tm) ColorChecker Chart.”. Below,
> change the corresponding text: “...will create the final PNG image shown
> above. “
>
> 5) For better understanding just tell the user to uncomment #declare
> FName = "ColorChecker"; and to comment out #declare FName =
> "Diffraction"; That would be more comprehensive / less confusing.

Thomas, thank you very much!
This is very helpful and I've corrected already all the "critical
errors" within both the web.page and the zip-file:
+FE everywhere and M_Spectral_Glass from Prism.inc has changed to
M_Spectral_Filter.
And I will also follow your advises but it might take some time because
literally I just hear RealLife(tm) urgent calling from outside...

... more later

- Ive