POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Eye Candy : Re: Eye Candy Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye Candy
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 22 Sep 2012 04:55:56
Message: <505d7d1c@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> I can imagine and if the photos turn out okay, post them. :-D

The view is way too wide to get one scene-showing picture, but last
night as driving through I did take couple shots. The place is this:
http://goo.gl/maps/DJ4L0 - looking from a map you can see ~600 meters
forward during the day. I did have to have parking lights on while
stopping, but I took the pics with manual mode and exactly same
lightning parameters. Facing forward it's not actually totally black
either, the motorway's (5 km away via straight line) light flood can be
seen on the photo, even though it's not easy to realize with plain eyes
(especially with the car lights on), but you can't see the same 600
meters forward that you see on the day:
http://aero.1g.fi/kuvat/Misc/Dark_night/_DSC7734.JPG

straight line:
http://aero.1g.fi/kuvat/Misc/Dark_night/_DSC7733.JPG

~17 kilometers:
http://aero.1g.fi/kuvat/Misc/Dark_night/_DSC7735.JPG

And as extra, one long-exposure shot of the motorway:
http://aero.1g.fi/kuvat/Misc/Dark_night/_DSC7736.JPG

-Aero