POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 21 Sep 2012 10:35:06
Message: <505c7b1a$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/09/2012 03:07 PM, scott wrote:
>> Did you ever stop to think that I've tasted dozens of different wines
>> over the course of my life? Sure, they didn't all taste the same. But
>> I've yet to find a single one which could be described as "sweet".
>
> Funny, in most places you can buy wine there will be a whole section
> labelled "sweet"

I would imagine so.

> Assuming you've tried some of them

I imagine I have, but I can't be completely certain of this.

> then either you have your definition of "sweet" wrong, or everyone else does.

Unless a "sweet" wine simply means one that is sweetER than the others?

(After all, nobody actually has "white" skin, they just have skin that
is whitER than other people.)

>> In my limited experience, this has not been the case.
>
> You need more experience then, it's not like you should expect every 1
> in 3 people to know about a job you might be interested in.

Well, I don't exactly know thousands of millions of people. And given my
lack of social skills, I doubt I ever will.

>> Well, I guess that's true enough. But these jobs are going to show up on
>> a jobs site eventually /anyway/.
>
> Not if they can hire someone before needing to advertise.

Well, if they already know who they want for the job, then I didn't
stand a chance in the first place. :-P

> You didn't consider finding a job first, and then accommodation nearby,
> rather than the other way around?

No. Because living in the best city in the country is more important to
me than which soul-crushing, monotonous waste of my life I get paid for. :-P

Life is all about priorities, after all...