POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A box of oranges (valencian, of course) : Re: A box of oranges (valencian, of course) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:31:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A box of oranges (valencian, of course)
From: clipka
Date: 21 Sep 2012 07:06:57
Message: <505c4a51$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.09.2012 09:15, schrieb Jaime Vives Piqueres:
> On 21/09/12 02:09, clipka wrote:
>> They are neither painted nor dyed, but rather treated with ethylene
>> gas, which triggers the natural change in color that would usually
>> accompany the ripening of the fruit in favorable weather conditions;
>> this works because ethylene is a natural hormone in plants that,
>> among others, regulates ripening of fruit.
>
>    After a little investigation, this seems to be the case, indeed...
> you're correct as usual. :)

:-)

To reveal a little secret of mine, that's only because I have the
time-consuming habit of checking what I'm writing about (sometimes to
find that I'm actually completely wrong and need to re-write the whole
posting), so often my postings are more of a digest from Wikipedia pages
than what I had previously thought to known :-)