POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Sep 2012 05:46:03
Message: <505c375b$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/09/2012 8:50 AM, scott wrote:
>>> You call the recruitment agency and ask then.
>>
>> But they won't tell you in case you go direct or mention it to another
>> agency. And that's the truth.
>
> Maybe it's different for engineering jobs then, but every time I've
> spoken to a recruitment agency about a job they've told me not just the
> company name but a lot of detail about the company background and the
> job. I suspect the recruitment agency and the employer have a contract
> that states the agency will still get paid if they find you, no matter
> how you finally apply for the job. Otherwise you could just say no at
> the interview, and then call back the company the next day direct and
> say you want the job.

I think that it is different for the contract market. There can be
several agencies looking for candidates for the one job and they do not
want the candidates applying direct or telling other agencies the
company has a position. It seems to be a very cut throat business.

> It also seems ridiculous to apply for a job with a company when you
> don't even know the company name (and thus presumably not know exactly
> where it is located, whether they are about to go bankrupt, or have a
> bad reputation,

All true.

> or even it might the same company you are working for
> already - which would be embarrassing).

But enlightening. ;-)

--
Regards